- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/4 t curry seasoning
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 T olive oil, divided
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks (or canned chunk pineapple)
- 1 Serrano pepper, sliced thin
- 3/4 C unsweetened coconut milk (or unsweetened, but then leave out brown sugar)
- 1 T brown sugar, packed
Rub chicken breasts with salt and curry.
Place 1 T of olive oil in a large skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking.
Quickly brown both sides of each chicken piece.
Reduce heat to medium and cook for 12 minutes or until no longer pink.
Heat remaining 1 T of oil in a separate skillet over medium high heat.
Add red pepper strips and cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
Remove peppers and place them on paper towel to drain.
Add pineapple chunks to the hot skillet.
Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pineapple has browned.
Stir in the pepper and continue cooking 1 minute.
Pour the coconut milk and add brown sugar in the skillet. Stir to combine.
Cook an additional 2 minutes or until completely heated.
Place the cooked chicken on serving plates.
Pour the sauce over the chicken just before serving.