5 March, 2018
Chicken and Tomato SaladPosted in : Poultry, Salads on by : admin Tags: chicken, salad, tomatoes
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tsps grated onion
- 1/2 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds, optional
- 2 tsps curry powder
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or diet mayonnaise)
- 1 tsp salt
- dash ground black pepper
- 6 large tomatoes
Combine chicken, apple, celery, onion and grapes. Add almonds.
Blend curry powder with mayonnaise, salt and pepper; mix into chicken mixture.
Core tomatoes then cut into sixths, but not all the way through. The six wedges of each tomato should form a tomato “flower” when spread slightly.
Fill tomato “flowers” with chicken salad.