2 March, 2018
Chicken and Herb CasserolePosted in : Casserole, Meat Dishes, Poultry, Side Dishes on by : admin
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 6 to 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp chopped green bell pepper (Capsicum)
- 1/4 tsp leaf thyme, crushed (double quantity for fresh)
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes (double quantity if using fresh)
- 1/4 tsp tarragon or rosemary, crumbled (double quantity if fresh)
- 1/4 tsp dried minced chives or 1 scant tsp fresh chives
Lightly season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
Brown slowly in butter in a large skillet.
Arrange browned chicken in a baking dish.
To drippings in skillet add soup; stir to blend. Slowly add dry white wine, stirring until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and heat to boiling.
Pour sauce over the chicken and cover dish with foil. Bake at 350F (170 C) for 25 minutes.
Remove foil and continue baking for 35 minutes or until tender.
Serve with rice or noodles.
This chicken breast casserole recipe serves 6.