2 March, 2018
Chicken and Bacon SaladPosted in : Salads on by : admin
Chicken and Bacon Salad blends the uniquely different textures and flavors of the two main ingredients by the use of grapes, parsley, onion and ginger and the end result is near perfection in a salad. Although it isn’t mentioned in the recipe I also add toasted pine nuts to give some crunch when making it for my family.
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups cooked diced chicken
- 5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled (Try using pancetta for a unique taste)
- 1 can (8oz / 225 grams) water chestnuts, drained
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp parsley, fresh or dried
- 2 Tbsp finely minced green onions (Spring onions)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients; combine with chicken mixture.
Chill and stir again before serving.
Delicious when served with lettuce and sliced avocado. Serves 4 to 6.