When in doubt, make cabbage soup that gets a hint of smoky flavor from crumbled bacon. An easy to prepare soup in the crockpot — start simmering in the morning for a hearty dinner. And it’s great with fresh bread any time of the year.
4 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
1 lb cooked ground beef, crumbled
1 onion, chopped
3 white potatoes, cubed
4 cups cabbage shredded
3 cups vegetable broth
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Stir the bacon and beef together in the crock pot.
Add the onion, potatoes and cabbage.
Mix in the broth.
Gently stir in the tomatoes.
Season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- 4 slices of cooked bacon crumbled
- 1 lb cooked ground beef crumbled
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 white potatoes cubed
- 4 cups cabbage shredded
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Stir the bacon and beef together in the crock pot.
- Add the onion, potatoes and cabbage.
- Mix in the broth.
- Gently stir in the tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.