- 1 unbaked pie crust, 9 inch
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 small sweet onion, diced small
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar or Gruyere cheese
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
Place pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate and set aside.
Cook broccoli and onion in butter over medium low heat, stirring occasionally until just tender.
Add garlic and cook an additional 1 minute.
Pour the vegetable blend into the crust. Top with both types of cheese.
In a small mixing bowl, stir together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and melted butter.
Pour evenly oven the cheese and vegetables.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. The quiche should be lightly brown around the edges and center firm.
Yield: 6-8 servings