- 2 quarts (2 liters) vanilla ice cream
- 1/3 cup chopped glaze pineapple
- 1/3 cup chopped glaze apricots
- 1/3 cup red glaze cherries, halved
- 1/4 chopped glaze ginger
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 24 ounce (700 grams) rich fruit cake
Oil a 7-cup (1.75 liter) pudding steamer bowl and line with plastic wrap.
Combine ice cream, fruit, ginger and spices in a large bowl. Spoon mixture into the prepared pudding bowl.Cover; freeze for about 1 hour or until firm.
Note: Your mixture should leave a gap of about 1/2 inch (12 mm) at the top of the bowl.
Cut cake in half and trim halves to fit on top of the ice cream mixture.Press on gently and this cake will form the base of your Christmas Bombe when it is turned out onto serving dish.
Cover and freeze overnight.
Serve with brandy sauce.