Sweet blueberries and navel oranges mix with onions and greens in this colorful Blueberry Salad. The delightful mix of tart and tangy is a refreshing addition to cookouts and 4th of July barbecue parties.
- 6 cups of torn salad greens
- 4 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 sweet onion, separated into rings
- 4 cups of fresh blueberries
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh blueberries, crushed
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
Place greens in a bowl and toss.
Arrange orange slices and onion rings over the salad greens.
Sprinkle the fresh whole blueberries over the salad.
In a small mixing bowl, combine sour cream, vinegar and crushed blueberries.
Whisk in sugar, lemon juice and salt and bland until smooth.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
If served outdoors, place in ice to keep chilled.