9 August, 2017
Bacon and Egg SaladPosted in : Salads on by : admin
Bacon and Egg Salad is a good reason to move the traditional breakfast to a less than traditional lunch or summer dinner. Try it for yourself.
This egg salad recipe is unique becaue most of us associate bacon and eggs with a heavy breakfast and not a light lunch. This salad is truly tasty and different from the average salad concept; that’s even more reason to try it out. I use pancetta rather than bacon and a couple of ounces less because it gives a much stronger taste – however it is saltier so be careful how much seasoning you add. Submitted by David McCarthy, Australia
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled & chopped
- 6 celery ribs (stalks), chopped
- 5 scallions or green onions (Spring onions), sliced
- 12 ounces (340 grams) bacon cut in 1″ squares. Cooked crisp & drained (I prefer using a lesser amount of pancetta, but the choice is yours.)
- 2 Tbsp caraway seeds
- 4 Tbsp prepared white horseradish, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Gently toss the eggs, celery, scallions, bacon & caraway seeds together in a medium-size bowl to combine.
Mix the horseradish and mayonnaise and fold into the salad.
Season to taste with salt & pepper. Garnish with parsley.