This asian salad features baby spinach, snow peas and peanuts. There are more ingredients, of course, but no meat. If you must, add cooked pork, shrimp or chicken. Reserve a bit of the salad dressing to coat the meat before adding it to the salad.
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp dry sherry
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup snow peas, rinsed, stems removed and cut into 1/2 in. pieces
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 small cucumber, halved and cut into 1/4 in. slices
- 2 scallions, rinsed and sliced
- 1/3 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
Using a jar with a tight-fitting lid, pour in soy sauce, rice vinegar and sherry.
Add garlic, ginger and pepper; seal and shake to combine.
Add olive oil, seal and shake to mix all the ingredients together.
Blanch snow peas by adding them to a saucepan of boiling water. Cook 30 seconds.
Drain and immerse the peas into ice water for 1 minute and drain again.
Place spinach leaves into a serving bowl. Add snow peas, scallions, cucumber, cabbage and bean sprouts.
Toss to combine ingredients.
Pour the dressing onto the salad and toss again.
Top with peanuts and cilantro just before serving.