Baked Chicken Breast appears an unusual recipe to cook in a slow cooker, but this method lends itself to the dish. Submitted by David McCarthy, Australia
- 5 boned and skinned chicken breast halves
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 large baking potatoes, sliced about 3/4in (18mm) thick
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cans condensed reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder or garlic salt
- 4oz mushrooms (could use canned but fresh is better)
Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry; place in crockpot.
Add onion and potatoes.
In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients and heat until smooth and hot. Pour over chicken breasts.
Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
Try this recipe substituting skinned thigh fillets for the chicken breasts.