2 August, 2017
Asian Bean SaladPosted in : Salads, Vegetarian on by : admin
Asian Bean Salad brings an international flavor to the humble bean salad. I like serving this as a side dish to my barbecues. It is one of the dishes that I am most often asked for the recipe. It was with this recipe that I first got the idea of adding almonds to bean salads to give a crunchy texture. Submitted by David McCarthy, Australia
- 1 pound (450 grams) long green beans, trimmed, cooked, and cooled
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp crushed toasted almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl, toss all ingredients together.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve at room temperature.
- Substitute peanuts for the almonds.
- Just before serving this salad, add a small amount of chopped cilantro (coriander) to give it an extra Asian taste.
- Serve for lunch adding slices of either a grilled small steak or half of a chicken breast. Slice meat on an angle and place on the salad while still hot.